I am a senior lecturer at the Open University of Israel (OUI). I serve as the head of the Research Institute for Policy Analysis at OUI. I also serve as a member of the editorial boards of the International Journal of Educational Management and Megamot (Hebrew Social Science Journal). My research focuses on the strategic and the micro aspects of leading educational organizations, as well as on educational policy, governance, and planning. Broadly speaking, my interests include leadership, vision, emotions, identity, policy, reforms, ethics and social justice.
- Authored/co-authored more than 40 articles published in peer-reviewed international journals (the vast majority of them belong to Q1 in the SJR Education ranking).
- Paper reviewing research on educational leaders and emotions, was published in Review of Educational Research, the #1 ranked journal out of 239 journals in the Education & Educational Research category of Thomson Reuters metrics (IF= 8.24).
- Paper critiquing transformational school leadership, published in April 2016 in the Journal of Educational Administration, was among the journal’s top ten most downloaded papers of all times, now having more than 6,000 downloads.
- Paper on government corruption in education was covered by Bloomberg Businessweek in 2015.
- Published a 250-page OUI textbook in Hebrew, in June 2018, Educational Policy, Processes and Trends in the 21st Century, available for purchase online.
- Winner of the 2015 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards in the Educational Leadership and Strategy category.